Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ukulele in the park

     I’m writing two blog posts a day. It just shows how little is happening in my life right now. But I  don’t like to be idle. I dragged my lazy and depressed ass out of the house and went to explore Crewe. Well, there is not much to explore here, but I wanted to go to the Queen’s Park and try to chill out in the sun. It’s a quite long walk, maybe 2 miles, so it was perfect. I forgot to take my American Spirit with me, so first I was angry, but then I told myself that it’s better not to pollute that nice summer walk (yes, smoking, I’m going to give it up, when Tatiana joins me, I promise).
     I found a reasonably secluded spot,  rested against the tree, took out my ukulele and let myself to sink into old songs. I wanted to have a souvenir, so I recorded one of my favorites, maybe you know it (Manu Chao “Me llaman calle”). At first I didn’t feel good there. I have this alienation feeling I can’t shake off yet, but then something switched inside, and I was ok.
     I did also another thing to change my attitude. I found a website with foreigners’ blogs who live in the UK. I decided to pick up the ones I found interesting and follow them here, on the Wayfarer. Mostly those are written by Americans, Canadians, but also others like Spanish, Italian, Bulgarian (I haven’t gone through all of them, so may be more nationalities). And basically they (I mean mostly Americans, but also Australians, Canadians) have very positive attitude towards life. I guess it runs in their blood, but as for me (Polish), we tend to be more negative, expecting the worst, complaining, etc. I’m little bit fed up of this so why not to try to change a little? I need to break out of this bloody pessimism pattern. The world is neutral. It’s up to us how we paint it.

8 comments:

  1. "Me llaman calle" is my favourite song Manu Chao :)))
    Smiles from Poland :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cześć Julia:)
    I thought you may like it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that last sentence! So True. I wasted a year feeling that way in Thailand and now I am loving it. I hope you will love your new home too

    ps; I would love to see someone in the park playing Ukulele as you did. That was a really nice video

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Running Girl;)
    I'll try my best to love it. If England is only gentle to me, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Good luck in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estás en lo correcto, el mundo es neutro y somos nosotros los que le ponemos color... me gusta esta idea!!!
    A ver qué pasa con los extranjeros en UK... y que la promesa la cumplas.
    Te deseo mucha suerte en esta nueva e interminable experiencia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola companera. Gracias. Vamos a ver que trae la vida:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No to żeby jeszcze było po polsku...kurcze naprawdę masz sporo uzdolnień... mi się zdaje ,ze powoli wszystko będzie szlo dobrze do przodu ...Kryszna , Kryszna...pomyslnosci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dzięki Balaji:) Też mam nadzieję, że będzie szło. No i że ten pokój wewnętrzny się wreszcie znajdzie.

    ReplyDelete