Saturday, July 6, 2013

Liverpool at last

     Liverpool. I’ve moved in yesterday. I’m renting a small room in a shared house. It’s pretty cheap, and there is a possibility that from September I could take over the whole flat, which would be cool – the rent is low, it’s not too far from the city center (I walked there yesterday, it took me about half an hour), we could find some nice vegetarian housemate for one of the bedrooms (there are three small ones), that would be good.
     Also there is a nice park just behind the corner – Newsham Park, and I just see on the map that there is another one on the other side of the street – Edinburgh Park. This morning I did some jogging in the Newsham Park. It reminds me a little bit of the Clifton Park in Bristol, though it seems smaller and there are no cliffs. Then I did some exercise and mantra meditation. It’s just that I think I need some structure now, when the situation is so unclear. It helps with the transition.
     Yesterday I paid the rent, monthly bus pass, made the keys, did some small shopping, topped up the phone, and that’s it – I’m officially broke, I have four pounds left in my pocket. I’ll just take my ukulele to the streets and try to make some money with music and my heavenly voice. I’m confident I can make my daily grocery like this, but not more then that.
     So, the adventure is still on.

This is the view from my bedroom window. I forgot to say that it's quite  noisy (the street side). Something I'll have to get used to.


No comments:

Post a Comment